Are you passionate about cycling and delivering the best possible experience for a customer/cyclist?
UK Cycling Events is the market leading sportive organiser in the UK. UK Cycling Events is a dedicated cycling events company, which is passionate about encouraging all abilities of rider to experience the best cycling the UK has to offer.
We are currently looking for an ‘Events Specialist’ to join our team.
Location: Fordingbridge, Hampshire
Contract: 12-month Fixed Term
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: Operations Manager
To work with the organising team to deliver high-quality market leading events providing a rider experience that exceeds expectation and consistently grows market share. A member of the operations team who works to ensure the smooth delivery of all events, focusing on packing, course signage/delivery and venue setup.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Prepared to travel with overnight stays in the UK
- Prepared to help with the physical manual handling of equipment and stock.
- Prepared to work weekends. (Thurs – Monday working pattern)
- Competent road & mtb rider
- Co-ordinate the laying of the event course pre-event and timely removal post-event.
- Fulfil any event day role including but not exclusively: SAG wagon, feed station, course check, course collect, event centre coordinator, car parking, registration, start/finish line, rider pick-ups.
- Work with the Event manager and other event specialists to ensure pre – post-event preparation is efficient and smooth.
- Work with the team to pack/unpack and maintain venue vans, feed station vans and other event vehicles.
- Complete risk assessments of routes & document marshal points.
- Passion for cycling both on and off road
- Must be a competent road and mtb cyclist.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, maintaining a consistently high level of output
- Full clean driving licence.
- Able to read maps and plot routes through various mapping software
- Previous cycling event experience
- Competent user of Microsoft office
- Knowledge of the cycling event industry
- Passionate and enthusiastic about cycling
- Able to work to own initiative and prioritise workload to work at maximum efficiency
- Able to think like a consumer and understand what riders want from a cycling route and event.
Work closely with
- Senior Event & Logistic Manager
- Health & Safety Co-ordinator
- Event Co-ordinator
- Event Specialists
To apply send your cv to: email@example.com
Casual Event Staff
UK Cycling Events are recruiting Casual Event Staff to be added to our pool of fantastic people who help us to deliver high-quality sportives to cyclists of all abilities. Are you passionate about cycling? Do you love the outdoors and the buzz of events?
Our Casual Event Staff take on a variety of different roles on event day, both out on the route and at the venue. No regular commitment, paid a daily rate.
We are recruiting for 2018. To register your interest please follow this link: Casual Event Staff Application